The Eaton Gigabit Network card is the first in the industry to receive the UL 2900-2-2 certification which provides customers with confidence that the network card has been reviewed and tested and it meets the benchmark of this trusted brand.
What's the benefit to customers?
Encryption and Password Management are the two key enhancements.
- Uses the most current version of Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS)
- Only secure protocols enabled by default
- Firmware is signed and encrypted, and will not boot if tampered with
- Secure SMTP for email alerts
- Requires change of password on setup
- Configurable requirements for password complexity
- Certificate based authentication in machine to machine connections - no username/password information saved on the client machine, separate certificates for each protocol.
Beyond enhanced cybersecurity, what does this card feature?
- Gigabit speed for compliance with networking equipment and gigabit only datacentre networks
- Compatibility with Eaton Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) v1.61 or higher and several Eaton UPS's
- Computers, servers and switches can be rebooted remotely with load segment controls or automatically
- Reduced setup time and enables compatibility without changing port settings on the network switch
- Enhanced UPS capabilities - the UPS can be linked to other systems with the network card, thereby creating a system that can be used to save costs or provide additional functionality
- Self-setting, real-time clock with battery backup and linkage to NTP (Network Time Protocol) server ensures accurate reporting of event history
- Additional memory allows storage of current and prior firmware versions